Monday, September 15, 2008

Chris Cooley: "I Can't Confirm or Deny That Was My Penis!"



Fresh from his "Penisgate" over the weekend, Washington Redskins tight end, Chris Cooley made his weekly phone call to Elliot In The Morning to discuss his penis football.

Halfway through the interview, Elliot dove in head first (sorry I couldn't resist) for the obvious. I've transcribed it below:

Elliot: Alright, let's get into the penis controversy Chris.

Chris: I can't confirm or deny that was my penis, but I can say...how does that even happen?

Elliot: Well I don’t know, I wasn’t the one taking the picture.

Chris: Um...three people missed that going up to our website.

Elliot: Okay, let’s go back to the beginning...

Chris: That was a major accident! I mean, we didn’t hear about that until eight o'clock last night.

Elliot: Ok, but I gotta’ go back to the beginning. So the thing that you’re reading - I guess Jim Zorn puts together like position tests for you guys or something like that – You know what I don’t even care. But my point is why would you be reading that with your mule hanging out?

Chris: It was - I don’t think anyone was reading it. It was to uh – it was just to take a picture of that real quick.

Elliot: So it was like, "Oh, I gotta’ take a picture of this...mind the hog!" Bam! And nobody sees that when it goes up on the website?

Chris: Like I said man, I was busy all day yesterday so...[laughs]...I guess - I guess that's life. Um...no, luckily everyone that has to do with our website is pretty relaxed so...

Diane: Tanner!

Elliot: Hey, it got by Tanner – who knows?

Chris: It's um...its happening.

Elliot: Hey, who brought it to your attention that your wiener is out on the Internet?

Chris: Tanner. Someone texted him. I don't look at the website, I'm not like "Cyber Dude" that checks out the website every hour so, I just heard about it and then...

[Chris was dumped by Elliot]

Elliot: I'll dump that. I don't know if you’ve spent much time running around though, but if you go to like Deadspin and stuff like that, some of the user comments are hysterical! And some of the Photoshops are great!

Chris: Oh, I'm sure...you know what, I haven't checked. I'm probably going to...God, I'm happy that we won.

Elliot: Hey did anybody - I have to know did anybody from the team get to you and go, "Chris, seriously. Can you get your pecker off the website?"

Chris: No, I called our media guy last night after we found out. His name is Zach. I was like, "Zach [laughs] you're probably going to have some media to deal with." But no, I mean honestly, it's not like we were trying to put up – we're not trying to put that on. It was an accident that made it. Uh...we kind of felt bad because obviously like, everyone checks it out and we didn't really mean to have that happen so...whatever. We'll deal with it, we'll get a lot of hits from it.

Elliot: Yeah, I know where you're coming from. A lot of times if I have – like for example...

Chris: Don't make fake excuses...I know, there's no way this could ever happen, but it happened.

Elliot: No, no...I'm not making – Like for example, I know that I had to put notes together knowing that you were going to be on today and I took a picture so I wanted everyone to know what my notes looked like and of course when I'm doing notes for Chris Cooley, I got my pants down!

Chris: Who doesn't?
In his most recent blog post, Chris addresses the incident:

All apologies from the website. We are very sorry that we showed a penis on our website all day yesterday. That was by no means our intention and we did not want to offend anyone. The picture wouldn't have been up for so long, but we were in the middle of winning a big game. Once again, this was a complete accident and we regret not reviewing the post more closely. Thanks.
This whole penis thing has actually received quite a bit of media coverage. Maybe Chris should have this accident more often?

Related: [Chris Cooley's Penis...Revealed!] [Staring at Chris Cooley's Penis!]

No comments:

Post a Comment