Monday, August 30, 2010

EITM Yanked Off Air This Morning! (AUDIO)

Fresh back from a mini-vacation, Elliot and the Class returned to the airwaves Monday morning...but not for an entire show.

Just after 9 a.m., former DC101/Clear Channel employee, Jon Ballard, took to his Twitter page and announced that he had just been fired from Clear Channel/Washington D.C. owned WBIG-FM Big 100.3.

By 9:20 a.m., Elliot was speaking with Ballard on the air, just after he had left the building. Yes, the same building Elliot was sitting in...
Elliot: "How long is it going to take you to pack up all your stuff?"

Ballard: "I don't have to do that, that's a question for somebody else."

Elliot: (Laughs) "Do you even have any stuff?"
The next thing listeners heard was brief silence and then "Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters.

Tyler posted on EITM's Facebook page: "Off the air... I have no idea. UPDATE: Well, I have some..."

Tyler also posted to EITM's Twitter page: "And now we're off too..."

There's been no shortage of comments on both Facebook and Twitter from listeners speculating that this could be from the hands of DC101 Program Director, Dave Wellington, better known as, "the Babysitter" to listeners.

DC101 and 102.1 The X went back to regular programming after Elliot in the Morning was pulled off the air. A Clear Channel insider tells me that they can't discuss what happened just yet, but hopefully I'll hear something soon. No word if EITM will be back tomorrow.

UPDATE:
- A Clear Channel insider tells me management was unhappy that Elliot was talking to Jon Ballard on the air...so they pulled the show. I'm told Elliot in the Morning "should" return Tuesday morning.

- I also spoke with Jon Ballard via Twitter and he tells me that he was unaware Elliot was pulled off the air until afterwards. He tells me the phone just disconnected.

- Tyler has now posted the audio that everyone wants to hear:

No comments:

Post a Comment