Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whitney Leaving DC101 For Seattle!

This morning after Elliot played his usual breaking news sound bite (from Fox News) he read a press release about Whitney...
Entercom Modern Rock mainstay KNDD (107.7 The End)/Seattle announces its new morning show, hosted by Whitney "Red" Knoerlin. Red begins her new gig starting in August and will be heard weekdays from 5:30-10 a.m. She most recently hosted middays at WWDC (DC101)/Washington, D.C. under her first name.

"I am incredibly stoked and grateful for the opportunity to join such an epic team," Red said. "Is this the part where I make a joke about the rain?"

KNDD PD Mike Kaplan says, "I’m thrilled she’s on the team! Red’s clever, honest…and in for one rough winter."
The station says that "Mornings with Red" will be a "community-driven, digitally interactive experience utilizing The End’s full array of online and mobile applications." The show will also include an hour and seven minutes of Non-Stop End-to-End Music each weekday morning.
Whitney broke the news on-air Monday...she cried...

Here is what she said on her soon-to-be-deleted DC101 page:
So you know...at least I think you do. I'm leaving DC101. Sorry for blubbering onair but it wasn't the easiest decision to make...DC101 has been my home for the majority of the last decade. I've made some great friends and I have some great stories which will be hard to beat, but its time to take a chance...I'm headed out west but I am here until July 10th. As I said onair, thanks to everyone at DC101...Elliot, Hennessy and Roche especially. I learned so much from them....most of it is FILTHY knowledge but knowledge none the less. And most importantly, thank YOU for listening.
Her last day at DC101 is July 10th. She will be moving to Seattle on July 19th. Goodbye Whitney, you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment