Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Alana Beard Trash Talks EITM!

It appears that Alana Beard is doing more than just playing basketball in Poland...



In a resent post on the Washington Mystics blog (yeah, who knew they actually have a blog), she trash talked Elliot In The Morning and even said that Tyler resembles the cartoon character, Charlie Brown. Read her soon-to-be regrettable remarks below:

So, before I left to play in Poland I started hearing all this talk about the Mystics playing a "friendly" game against the Elliot in the Morning show crew. This all came about because some fat, out of shape, always the last to get picked as a child, wanna-be basketball players claimed one morning on their talk show that they could beat any women’s professional basketball team in a game!!! Can you believe this malarkey? They honestly think they have a chance!!! It perplexes me that they believe in their hearts and minds that it’s possible. I am sorry guys, but I think you’ve been watching too many NBA commercials and have gotten caught up in the "this is where the impossible happens" or something.

Anyway, so this non-sense went on for days and finally I got word of it, so they decided to have me on their show. I went on the air with them, of course, calm, cool, and collected, got a whiff of the competition...let’s just say, ladies don’t even bother coming to the gym that day...you can beat them in your sleep. From what I saw, we have men oh and one woman (who bailed out on the them the moment I walked in) that will never make it across half court. We have one guy who does the sound effects and graduated from Georgetown that looks like Charlie Brown. Then you have Elliot that thinks that he is God gift to basketball. Hmmmm, can we say in another life, MAYBE!! Then you have, ummm, yea, they don’t even deserve mention. The only reason I mentioned the other two is to assure you that I am not lying about the fact that there will be a game played. The game will be at the Comcast Center on Thursday, April 24th at 8:00 a.m. Someone better take pictures!!!

Like, they are dead serious about this game and really truly think they can win!! Elliot in the morning called me Wednesday in Poland to continue their segment of trash talking. All the way in Poland!!!!!!!! They are crazy, but a lot of fun! Elliot mentioned that they have these "rocking" uniforms that I should just be excited about seeing! We shall see I guess. I can’t wait to hear the radio broadcast of them giving women the RESPECT that they deserve. Yes, we are women, but you should all respect your opponent. Basketball is basketball, whether it’s a male or female playing. "Anything you can do we can do better!" Wait, no, lets change that just for you Elliot...anything you think you can do, we already know we can do it better! When the Mystics win, tune in to DC 101.1 throughout the season to hear crazy coverage on Mystics.

Can't wait to see all of you in May. Until then be good and get those season tickets. DC is where BELIEVING happens!!!!!
Whatever Alana! Will be waiting for your apology after EITM whoops that ass on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment