Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where Is Flounder?

I'll preface this blog post with an email I received recently...
"I don't know if you're an insider at DC101 or not, but do you have any idea where Flounder has been? I feel like I haven't heard him in months. I listen to the show about 90 minutes a day so I could have missed him at some point. The last time I remember hearing him was during the Bert Kreischer interview in January when he brought in the expired beer. Could this screw up and his absence be related?"
Mind you, this is JUST ONE of many emails and tweets that I have received from EITM fans asking, where is Flounder?

I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time Flounder was on the show, so let's just say it was January...I'm open for correction if anyone can recall a date. Nevertheless, it's obvious, Flounder is no longer a part of the show...

What really annoys me is that no one from the show has even bothered to explain why! So on behalf of every listener...who has invested every morning listening to EITM year after year, we deserve an explanation!

So natch, I've done a little digging...

A very reliable source has told me: "That's something to do with Flounder and the new PD. Flounder works on his production and isn't on the show much now."

Could Flounder's absence be at the direction of another overly controlling and clueless Production Program Director? And most importantly, would Elliot really go along with it?

Say what you want about Elliot and Flounder's on-air relationship, but I honestly believe that Elliot would give the shirt off his back for Flounder -- a kid who Elliot discovered and molded into a regional celebrity. I just find it hard to believe that Elliot would allow someone to come in and eliminate Class members, especially Flounder, who (love him or hate him) is somewhat of a mascot of the show.

So what's really going on? Only Elliot or Flounder can answer that question...

Today when Elliot was talking about Mark Paul Gosselaar from Saved By The Bell (who will be in-studio on Friday) there was no mention of Flounder...no storming in proclaiming his love for the show...no telling Flounder to behave tomorrow and not scare Mark Paul away, which inspired me to write this post, not just for me...or you...but for Flounder.

BRING BACK FLOUNDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment