Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jacksonville DJ Quits On-Air!

If you were listening to EITM around 8:30AM this morning you probably heard a DJ quit live on the air. Don't panic! It wasn't Elliot, although he probably wishes it were. It was actually afternoon drive guy, Gregg Stepp of Cox Radio Jacksonville's WFYV-FM. Gregg heard that he was getting the boot, so he pulled a page out of the Inetta handbook, and quit live on-air...
"I was told I was going to be let go Friday after my show. I've decided to say screw it, and give the big middle finger to upper management instead of giving them the opportunity."
He left his employer with these parting words: "Rot in hell, Cox Radio. I am gone!" Click here to listen to his tirade, including the 19 seconds of dead air before someone came in and played a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment